Social Media Day Chicago 2012
We’re thrilled to celebrate Mashable's third annual Social Media Day in Chicago! Mashable launched the event in 2010 as a way to recognize the digital revolution happening right before our eyes. We invite you to join fellow social media enthusiasts by attending Social Media Day Chicago on June 30.
Using social media as a form of marketing has taken on whole new challenges. As the 2010 Trust Study indicates, it is most effective if marketing efforts through social media revolve around the genuine building of authority. Someone performing a "marketing" role within a company must honestly convince people of their genuine intentions, knowledge, and expertise in a specific area or industry through providing valuable and accurate information on an ongoing basis without a marketing angle overtly associated. If this can be done, trust with, and of, the recipient of that information – and that message itself – begins to develop naturally. This person or organization becomes a thought leader and value provider - setting themselves up as a trusted "advisor" instead of marketer. "Top of mind awareness" develops and the consumer naturally begins to gravitate to the products and/or offerings of the authority/influencer.
According to a report by Nielson “In the U.S. alone, total minutes spent on social networking sites has increased 83 percent year-over-year. In fact, total minutes spent on Facebook increased nearly 700 percent year-over-year, growing from 1.7 billion minutes in April 2008 to 13.9 billion in April 2009, making it the No. 1 social networking site for the month.”
The main increase in social media has been Facebook. It was ranked as the number one social networking site. Approximately 100 million users access this site through their mobile phone. According to Nielsen, global consumers spend more than 6 hours on social networking sites.
These are photos from Social Media Day Chicago 2011
5:00pm - 5:30pm : Registration, Networking and Eating
5:30pm - 7:30pm : Awards, Presentations and Panel Discusstions
7:30pm - 8pm : Q/A
Event location: Be Found Online, 3304 N Lincoln Ave
Two blocks Northwest of the Ashland, Belmont, Lincoln intersection.
El Stop: Two blocks southeast of the Brown Line's Paulina station.
Parking: Ample street parking along Lincoln and west of Paulina. A metered Parking Lot is one block away on Melrose next to the Library.
For more information or questions about Social Media Day Chicago 2012 contact:
Todor Krecu - Founder of Chicago Social Media Marketing Group - tkrecu(@)gmail.com
- Ramon De Leon - Marketing mind behind Six Domino's Pizza stores in Chicago, Social Media Visionary, International Social Media Speaker http://www.linkedin.com/in/ramondeleon
- Jennifer Kedinger - Social Media Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Nancy Loo - Reporter/Fill-in Anchor at WGN-TV
- Adriana Llames - Division Vice President, Social Media Marketing at Sears Holdings Corporation
- Marc Schulman - President at Eli's Cheesecake Company
- Stacey Efstathiou - Social Media and Mobile Marketing Coordinator at Lettuce Entertain You
- Billy Dec - CEO/Founder Rockit Ranch Productions
- Laura Golonka - Brand Activation at Seamless.com
- Steve Ziemba - Social Media & Engagement Specialist at FOX Television
- Sara Altier - Chicago Event Evangelist at Eventbrite
- Rick Wion - Director of Social Media at McDonald's Corporation
- Dan Ciotu - Cofounder at uberVU
- Amy Guth - Social Media Manager at Chicago Tribune Media Group
- Steve Krull - CEO at Be Found Online
- Rosemary Walker - Manager at Creative Circle
If you would like to sponsor this event or have questions, contact Todor Krecu: tkrecu(@)gmail.com
These are the sponsors of Social Media Day Chocago 2011
Food/Soft Drink/Door Prize Sponsors